Any Morning Breakfast Bake Recipe...Make Ahead The Night Before
If you are like me, then you love a breakfast bake. Breakfast bakes are yummy, filling, and a crowd pleaser. I make some version of a breakfast bake every major holiday morning or long weekend. I prepare my any morning bake the night before, and pop it in the oven on the morning of, while family is still sleeping.
The great thing about the breakfast bake is that the ingredients are simple, and can be versatile. I have so many versions of this one recipe. You cannot go wrong. The one constant is eggs. Everything else is negotiable, based on what you have in your fridge or pantry. You can make it a veggie bake, or a meat lovers. You can use bread or potatoes. Choose ingredients based on what works for your crowd.
Here is this year's Any Morning Breakfast Bake Recipe...
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 6 slices sourdough bread, cubed
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage
- 4 bacon strips
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Lightly spray 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- On medium heat, crumble and cook sausage in skillet until brown. Drain excess grease from sausage.
- Pan fry or cook bacon on microwave safe plate until crispy. Allow bacon to cool, and crumble in with sausage.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Once beaten, add in half the cheese.
- Add cubed bread to baking dish, and top with sausage and bacon crumbles, and half of the chopped green onions. Pour the egg mixture evenly into the baking dish, and top with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and refigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and cook for 60 minutes covered. Remove aluminum foil, and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the bake is firm.
- Garnish with the remaining green onions and serve.
That's it! Pretty simple right? Feel free to add your own twist to this classic. I suggest serving with a side of fruit and mimosas.