A Return To Bon Temps...Can True Blood's Vampires, Werewolves, and Shifters Improve Any Mood?
Stress, boredom, and insomnia can invade our lives at any point. It is recommended to keep yourself busy when you are feeling down, ridiculously tired, or stressed out. Staying busy and active is a great distraction. One of the best ways to improve your mood is exercise, but that can be challenging if your energy levels are low due to lack of sleep.
When I am overly tired, usually thanks to a horrible night's sleep, or overly stressed, thanks to life, I want to be lazy, but also want to be distracted and entertained. A workout will improve the mood somewhat, but a distraction may still be needed after two hours at the gym.
Writing is always a great distraction, but it also requires thinking. Sometimes you are just going to be too tired or just do not want to think. Reading is usually out of the question because tired eyes do not do well with small print. So binge watching tv is the chosen distraction. It doesn't require getting off your butt, or thinking too much. You just need to decide what to watch.
The answer to a great distraction can be found on Amazon Video. All seven seasons of True Blood are on Amazon Video, the first six are free for Prime members. I read all of the books and watched the series on HBO with dedication. Based on the popular book series by Charlaine Harris, a return to Sookie Stackhouse and Bon Temps may be just what is needed to entertain, distract, or cheer up. Lots of sex, violence, some laughs (courtesy Lafayette), and absolute craziness sums up True Blood.
True Blood Synopsis
Thanks to a Japanese scientist’s invention of synthetic blood, vampires have progressed from legendary monsters to fellow citizens overnight. And while humans have been safely removed from the menu, many remain apprehensive about these creatures “coming out of the coffin.” Religious leaders, government officials, and vampire fundamentalists around the world have chosen their sides, but in the small Louisiana town of Bon Temps, the jury is still out. - Amazon Synopsis
The Main Characters
- Sookie Stackhouse - Telepath who can read your thoughts, and has a thing for vampires, mainly Bill, and sometimes Eric.
- Bill Compton - Vampire Bill is a southern gentleman, who falls for Sookie and becomes her protector and love interest.
- Tara Thorton - Best friends with Sookie since they were children.
- Jason Stackhouse - Sookie's older brother, who is cute but kinda dumb.
- Sam Merlotte - Owner of Merlotte's, Bon Temp's bar and grill. Sam also happens to be a shifter.
- Eric Northman - Vampire Eric is a two thousand year old vamp, who is the area sheriff for vampires, and owns Fangtasia, the bar where humans and vampires meet up.
- Lafayette Reynolds - Cook at Merlotte's, drug and V dealer, and cousin of Tara.
- Pam De Beaufort - Eric's right hand woman, and trusted confidante.
After watching the first few episodes I remembered why I loved this show so much. I also remembered how much sex there was too. Holy crap! I guess it's not called "good times'' for nothing. I am looking forward to reacquainting myself with the vampires, werewolves, shape shifters, and even fairies. The show may be silly to some, but a nice escape when reality bites.
You don't always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go and see what happens. - Mandy Hale